Ok let’s be honest, some of us barely have time to work out once a day, let alone twice, but in reality the benefits of fitting in two sessions in your day outweigh the excuses.
Let’s get right to it
What you probably didn’t know is that exercising twice a day will not only increase your muscle and strength growth, but it will also accelerate your metabolic rate. When done correctly, exercising twice a day will help you reach your goals quite faster.
Done correctly – that’s an important term here, because if you exercise twice a day incorrectly, you’d be in risk of injury, it might disrupt your sleep pattern and well you’ll be washing all those workout clothes for nothing.
So what can you do to make sure you’re working out twice a day PROPERLY?
The key here is to train smart!
- Allow at least six hours between one workout and another. If you’re doing HIIT, aim for around eight hours in between.
- Plan longer workouts earlier
thatthe shorter ones. Do your more intense workouts in the morning and your lighter ones later.
- Increase your calorie and nutrient intake on your rest days to help recovery. Pay attention to your sleep patterns and consider going for massage therapy on your rest days.
- Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither is your workout routine. Start
slowwith just one day of two-workouts in a week, and as your body gets used to it, build up to two days a week and take it from there.
- Make sure that you’re eating properly and staying well hydrated in between workouts. You’re going to need the energy.
- If you can, try and squeeze a short nap in between to help recovery.
What kinds of workouts should I be doing?
Here at Cynergi, all our staff